Friday, November 12, 2010

best vegan disney news EVER!

I *just* read this amazing news... so totally cool that I just had to drop everything and immediately blog about it.

Okay, so I had already heard that McDonald's at Downtown Disney had closed its doors. This, in itself, was good news. (Sorry... totally not a fan of the golden arches here.) I had also heard that it was being replaced with a Mexican-type counter service place called Pollo Campero. It was supposed to focus on "delicious and nutritious". It certainly sounded promising, but not knowing their menu or ingredients yet, I was only mildly curious. But what I didn't know is...

that in addition to Pollo Campero, they also put in a Babycakes New York Vegan Bakery. Yes, you read that right. There is now a VEGAN bakery in Downtown Disney! How cool is that?!! I just took a gander at their website. If they sell half the stuff that's listed there, I'll be in heaven (at least until I get home on get back on that scale). Muffins, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, crumb cake, cinnamon rolls...

Seriously, check it out. Here's the link to the article mentioning the change: Inside the Magic, covering Disney news, theme park events and beyond (thanks Inside the Magic!). And here's a link to the website for this bakery: Babycakes NYC.

(I have to go now. The itinerary for my upcoming trip needs a little work... like a whole lot more trips to Downtown Disney!)

No comments: