Thursday, December 17, 2009

a quick teaser

I'm back! I have returned home from a wonderful Walt Disney World vacation, and I have lots to blog about! However, I also have tons of dirty laundry, bills to pay, all sorts of work to catch up on... so, instead of trying to blog a whole vacation in one sitting, I'm going to do it one day at a time. But even that's more than I have time for tonight. So, I'll just start with a couple of general comments.

Okay, I really *really* really hate to say this, but on the whole, my vegan dining experiences for this trip were disappointing. There were a couple of very wonderful meals that were all I could have hoped for (and they will get extensive attention), but they were the exception to the rule. This is what I learned, regarding sit-down restaurants: CALL AHEAD, AND SPEAK TO A CHEF! Disney actually told me *not* to do this, but everything I *did* do was a complete waste of time. Lesson learned. More on that later.

For now, all I've got time for is one tiny happy surprise I found before I ever got to Florida. To my total and complete surprise, the Columbus airport actually sells vegan cookies! And not just any vegan cookies, but really good ones! I have since checked out two other airports (Orlando, of course, and Denver Colorado about two months ago), and never found any. Given the dinky size of the Columbus airport, I was shocked to make this wonderful discovery. Needless to say, I stocked up for the trip.


Next post will have actual Disney food in it - I promise!

No comments: